TaG Adventure: Island hopping Croatia’s Dalmatian coast by private boat
Unpack your bags on your private motor yacht for the week and island hop and ride Croatia’s South Dalmatia islands, one of Europe’s most beautiful destinations. Explore the picturesque islands by bike, sip a beer at a rustic bar, stroll winding streets of picture perfect harbor towns and dive into a private dinner at a small restaurant or enjoy meals on the boat prepared by our onboard chef, learn about the local history by the knowlegable local guides, anchor in a quiet cove for a swim off the deck and sail off to the next island to do it all again.
Dates: Saturday, May 19 to Saturday, May 26, 2018
Duration: 7 nights, 8 days. Joining In: Split, Croatia
Land cost per person: *see below – trip needs 16 riders min to proceed
- 3 CABINS BELOW DECK: Each w/ 3 single beds (sleeps 3): $2750 CAD per person
- 6 CABINS ABOVE DECK: Each w/ double bed (sleeps 2): $3275 CAD per person
- 5 CABINS ABOVE DECK: Each w/ double bed & single bed (sleeps 3): $3050 CAD per person
Single supplement (own cabin): $1275.00 CAD
*cabin choice on a first come basis.
*prices for ‘above deck’ cabin are higher as they open to a sea view.
*price includes all meals except four lunches & three dinners.
Launched in 2009, the “MS San Snova” is an entirely oak ship, stands at 101-feet long.
All 14 spacious cabins feature air conditioning, private bathroom with shower and hair dryer.
- Expert Cycleventures leader, local leader & TaG coach
- Two daily guided riding groups (depending on fitness level) & daily ride briefing with maps.
- Basic tool kit & floor pump. Water & snacks for riding.
- Bike case storage during trip.
- Meals included: all breakfasts, three lunches, four dinners (starts with dinner on Day 1, ends with breakfast on final day).
- Crew (captain, several deck hands, cook, maintainance). Linens and towels and daily cabin cleaning service. Diesel for up to five hours of sailing per day and harbour taxes.
- Welcome Reception with drinks & snacks.
- Detailed pre-departure information, trip extention assistance.
Does not include
- Your bike & related equipment to ride.
- Four lunches, three dinners. (expect to pay €15-20 per person lunch, €30 for dinner.
- Drinks on board (cold beer & wine available on an honor system, to be paid to captain at end of trip).
- Entrance fees to sights not included with the trip.
- Flight to/from Split, Croatia, airport taxes and excess baggage charges (if any).
- Return taxi from Split Airport to port (approx.€20 one way).
- Optional tipping to local guides and boat crew.
- Corkage fee: there is a corkage fee for those wishing to bring their own alcohol on board. A bottle of wine is €7 for instance.
- Spare parts & spare wheels etc.
- Energy supplements; gels, powders & bars.
- Personal travel & medical insurance.
- Optional tipping to guide.
Bike rentals, $475 CAD for the week.
- Cube Cross Race Pro available – https://www.cube.eu/uk/2017/road-triathlon/cross-race/cube-cross-race-pro-greynflashred-2017/
- Cube Attain SL – https://www.cube.eu/en/2017/road-triathlon/attain/cube-attain-sl-blacknyellow-2017/
- *limited sizing, available on a first come basis.
*distances are approximate as each day will have two ride options.
- Day 1: Welcome to Croatia. Sail to Brac Island.
Arrival to Split airport and transfer five kilometers to the harbor in Trogir. After check-in on the motor yacht at 2:00 PM we set out on our first cruise to Brac Island. This evening we’ll set out for a warm-up ride and stay in the quiet harbor in the town of Milna.
Total distance: 45km
- Day 2: Sail to Solta island, ride to Stomorska. Sail to Hvar island, ride to Stari Grad.
This morning we sail to the island of Solta and the town of Stomorska. Today’s ride is among walled fields, olive groves, locust bean and fig trees the line the roads and the herbal scent of lavender and rosemary in the air. We’ll visit a local beekeeper to witness the production of honey before boarding the boat and sailing to the island of Hvar. This afternoon we ride through the quaint harbours of Jelsa and Vrboska and onto Stari Grad which has become a Mecca for artists.
Total distance: 87km
- Day 3: Ride to Hvar, sail to Korcula island.
Pedal from Stari Grad on nearly traffic-free roads through small villages to the island’s capital, Hvar. Visit the magnificent Renaissance square and enjoy the view from the Spanish fortress perched about town. Then we board the boat and sail to the island of Korcula and the port in Vela Luka.
Total distance: 95km
- Day 4: Ride Korcula.
Today we discover the island of Korcula with a pleasant lunch at a local restaurant. The calmness of this remote island and its vast cypress gardens have made this one of the most beautiful of the Dalmatian islands. Our ride takes us to the Blato village, across Pupnat Bay to Korcula town where we’ll walk through its narrow alleys. Tonight we sleep at the port in Korcula.
Total distance: 88km
- Day 5: Sail to Brac, ride to Pucisca.
Morning sail to Brac island, famous for it’s white marble that adorns the White House. Today’s ride is across Brac, from Sumartin to the lovely fishing village of Povlja and onto Pucisca where our ship is waiting. Sleep in the port of Pucisca.
Total distance: 92km
- Day 6: Sail to Omis, ride loop on mainland. Sail to Split.
This morning we sail to the mainland and the town of Omis. Today we ride through the Cetina river valley on narrow roads, among steep rocky cliffs with pirate castles along the coast. This afternoon we sail to amazing Split and its Old Town with its famous palace of the Roman Caesar Diocletian, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Tonight we drop the anchor in Split.
Total distance: 105km
- Day 7: Ride to Mount Marjan, sail to Trogir.
Our last ride of the trip, today we’ll climb to Mount Marjan, a popular destination for Split locals with fantastic views of the coast and surrounding islands. Then we’re off to Trogir on our last passage. This afternoon you’ll have time to visit the World Cultural Heritage designated old town before our final dinner and celebration on the ship.
Total distance: 85km
- Day 8: Flights home or travels on own.
This morning we’ll disembark from the ship at 9:00AM for flights home, or to continue travels on your own. Bon voyage!
For questions and to book your trip, contact email@example.com or call Chris at the Cycleventures office 604-902-1807