Everesting for Everyone !
The importance of goals to keep us motivated and improving is huge, and as athletes we have all suffered the fallout from event cancellations in the last year. With uncertainty still looming this season, TaG is bringing you a goal that can be a definite this summer!
Sign up now
The Everest Challenge
You’ve heard about it. The challenge of climbing 8848 meters in a single day was made popular during the pandemic and can be done anywhere. All you need is a hill. TaG has two Canadian Champions — both senior and junior men — coach Jordan Cheyne and race team rider Braden Kersey (pictured above during their record breaking ride). These athletes hold the distinguished titles of being the fastest in the country to ascend the height of Everest on a bike. TaG Race Team has 4 other riders who have all conquered Everest in a day and simultaneously raised money for kids and mental health. This July, we are challenging you to make the elevation gain your focus, with options for all levels to achieve their own version of climbing Everest. Start training in April with specific climbing workouts by Jordan Cheyne and Lesley T.
Can be completed any time between July 5-18
- July 17 – a traditional Everest ascent in a single day (rain day July 18 )
- 3 days – accumulate the elevation gain over 3 days
- 1 week – achieve 8848m total elevation over 7 days
- 2 weeks – climb the equivalent of Everest over 14 days
Everyone’s Everesting Challenge – $399 (TaG Club members $379)
- 13 week training outline
- 3 months unlimited livestream classes, April 6 – July 1 Focused climbing classes April 6- May12
- Zoom – livestream Tues 6pm/Wed 7am/Sun 9am PST
- Zwift – coached Everest classes Thurs 6pm/Sun 8:30am PST
- Includes on demand video access to 12 workouts.
- 7 *Outdoor “Power Hour” Everesting classes, May 20 – July 1 (thursdays -NShore 5:30pm, Whistler dates and time TBD)
- 3 * Saturday progressive outdoor climbing rides – 3hr/4hr/5hr – May 22, June 5, June 19
- Zoom Q&As with Everesting celebrity pro riders – recorded and available on demand including
- topics:How to select a hill – measuring and calculating elevation.
- Fueling for Everest – nutrition and hydration.
- Strength & conditioning – don’t let a sore neck or back prevent you from achieving your Everest.
- Limited edition Everester’s shell vest.
Option to register without the outdoor components for those joining us from around the world – VIRTUAL- Everesting for Everyone – $199
OUTDOOR ONLY – Everesting for Everyone – $299 Option for riders not training indoor
Already Have a TaG package or Bike Rental – email TaG for options to add on the Everesting Challenge to your existing package
We will provide support for your ride if you plan to complete all or part of your Everest on Seymour Mountain in Vancouver on July 17 (July 18 is a backup weather day). Participants will ride independently or with their bubble and be tracking their own climbing. We will be posting live updates on social media throughout the day so your friends can track your progress. Record your rides on our TaG Strava Club and make Everesting your goal this summer!
Date: April 4- July 17
Cost: $399 or $199 (VIRTUAL) or $299 (Outdoor)